There are various options that exist to help you deal with your debt problems. These include bankruptcy, debt relief orders, debt management plans, administration orders, debt consolidation and Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs).
Citizens Advice can explain how they work and whether they might be right for you.
If you would like to talk to someone, please contact Citizens Advice Plymouth.
- Bankruptcy explained
- Is bankruptcy right for you?
- How to go bankrupt
- Bankruptcy offences
- Bankruptcy restrictions orders
- View all
- Debt management plans explained
- Getting a debt management plan
- While a debt management plan is in place
- Complaints about DMPs
- Administration orders explained
- Is an administration order right for you?
- Setting up an administration order
- Problems with an administration order
An online debt remedy tool from the debt advice charity StepChange Debt Charity to help you work out your options if you are in debt.