Social care and support are services to help you if you 

  • need practical support because of illness or disability
  • care for someone receiving social care and support

Social care and support are usually paid for by either people who need services, their families or, in some cases, the council. 

If you have any care or support needs you can ask us for a needs assessment.
Day opportunities and day care are a great way to meet others and get out of the house for a few hours. It includes a range of activities, the chance to socialise and may include a meal.
You might not think of yourself as a carer. But you probably are if you're looking after someone regularly, including your spouse or a family member, because they're ill or disabled.
Care and residential homes provide accommodation and personal care.
Nursing homes provide personal care but there will always be 1 or more qualified nurses on duty to provide nursing care.
Respite care means taking a break from caring, while the person you care for is looked after by someone else.
Depending on your situation, you may need to pay towards the cost of your care and support, or pay for it in full.
Check to see whether you might be eligible for social care and support.
A financial assessment helps to calculate how much you may have to pay towards the cost of your care.
Support to help you get from A to B as easily as possible.
If you find it difficult to understand your care and support or find it hard speak up, there are people who can act as a spokesperson for you.
If you or someone you know goes into hospital, help and support should be arranged before you go home (are discharged).
If you or someone you know has been in hospital or had an illness or fall, you may need temporary care to help you get back to normal and stay independent.
End of life care is support for people who are in the last months or years of their life.