How to get help and support so you can stay in your home for longer.
Care and residential homes provide accommodation and personal care.
If your independence and privacy are important to you, but you need some extra help, extra care housing could be for you.
Respite care means taking a break from caring, while the person you care for is looked after by someone else.
There are over 20,000 social or housing association homes in Plymouth, ranging from sheltered housing for older people, adapted homes for people with disabilities and family homes.
A housing association is a not-for-profit organisation that owns, lets and manages rental housing.
Supported accommodation is normally rented properties in which the tenant receives care, support or supervision.
If you can't buy your own home, renting privately might be your best option.
If you're looking for somewhere to live or worried about losing your accommodation it's important to talk to the council as soon as possible.
An asylum-seeker is someone who has left their country and is seeking protection in another country, but who hasn't yet been legally recognised as a refugee and is waiting to receive a decision on their asylum claim.