Help paying your bills
Dealing with money issues can sometimes be off-putting, but if you don't understand how things like credit or mortgages work, you could end up losing out financially or getting yourself deep in debt. The following information will give you the advice you need to make the right choices, including help to deal with your debt problems, how to avoid losing your home and how to get your finances back into shape.
If you would like to talk to someone, please contact Citizens Advice Plymouth.
Get help to work out how much money you owe and which debts you should pay back first.
- Debt management plans
- Debt relief orders
- Individual voluntary arrangements
- Administration orders
- Debt remedy tool
Use our budgeting tool or get help with your bills.
- Managing your mortgage
- How to sort out your mortgage problems
- What happens when your mortgage lender takes you to court
- Your mortgage lender takes you to court - how to prepare for the court hearing
- Eviction for mortgage arrears
- Dealing with rent arrears
- Paying off your rent arrears - overview
- Paying off your rent arrears
- You are taken to court for rent arrears
- Eviction for rent arrears
- If you're being taken to court for debt
- Changing a court order for debt
- How a creditor can get information about your finances
- Creditor takes money from your bank account
- View all
- Types of borrowing
- Getting the best credit deal
- How lenders decide whether to give you credit
- County court judgments and your credit rating - overview
- Credit cards
- View all
- Getting a bank account
- Stopping a future payment on your debit or credit card
- Banking - security and fraud
- Complaints about banks and building societies
- Your payment card was used without your permission
Information on choosing a qualified financial adviser, how much advice will cost, a checklist of things to think about before seeing an adviser and how to make a complaint.
- Holding letter - ask creditors to hold off
- No money to pay creditors - letter
- Guidelines for using the letter templates
- Offer to non-priority creditor - letter
- Request to write off a debt - letter
- Ending a hire purchase or a conditional sale agreement - letter
Find charities and services that can help with gambling addiction.
- Income tax - how much should you pay
- What is taxable income
- How to pay income tax
- Tax refunds
- Problems with tax