Plymouth Young Carers
Get support and meet with other young carers every Tuesday at Efford Youth Centre.
It's free to join but you need to have been referred by a professional such as your doctor, an educational psychologist, health visitor or your school. We'll send you a letter which will tell you when you can start with the group. You might be able to get a free taxi to get you to and from the centre.
Have a go at lots of fun activities like cooking, arts and crafts, sports, pool or gaming or just chill out! You can also take part in activities like ice skating, kayaking, cinema, ski lessons, and trips to Woodlands or the theatre during the school holidays and some weekends.
The young carers' project can:
- make sure you're listened to
- speak on your behalf at meetings and in school
- talk with you about your situation
- create a plan that focuses on you
- help you build confidence, have fun and learn new ways to handle difficult situations.
There are two sessions held each week:
- Tuesday from 6pm to 7.30pm for 8 to 13 year-olds
- Tuesday from 7.30pm to 9pm for 13 to 19 year-olds
On the last Tuesday of the month from 6pm to 8pm there's a Duke of Edinburgh session for 14 to 19 year-olds.
Tuesday from 6pm to 7.30pm for 8 to 13 year-olds
Tuesday from 7.30pm to 9pm for 13 to 19 year-olds
- 5 to 11 years old
- 12 to 16 years old
- 17 to 25 years old
Back to search