We are very proud to have an inclusive environment within school and use consistent approaches throughout the school.
- All pupils in school receive high quality teaching. This means that a range of teaching and learning styles are used and that appropriate learning objectives are set for all children, matched to their individual needs.
- We offer a wide range of approaches to learning for children with additional needs, which are personalised to the child
- As a 'Thrive' school, we work with children to support optimal social and emotional development. The Thrive Approach equips us to work in a targeted way with children who may have struggled with difficult life events to help them re-engage with life and learning
- Within each year group, classes are supported by Teaching Assistant who can support small group work or run intervention programmes where needed.
- All of our Meal Time Assistants know our children extremely well and are available at lunchtime to support their needs. We also run our 'Positive Play' provision for those children who are not able to manage being out on the playground.
Specialist Hearing Support Centre:
- We have the Specialist Support Centre for Deaf Children from Nursery through to Year 6
- Places within the Support Centre are allocated by the Local Authority's Admissions Panel. Children with an EHCP with a severe or profound hearing loss can be referred to the Admissions Panel by their child's Educational Psychologist or Teacher of the Deaf
- There are currently 18 places across the school in this provision.
- Children placed in this provision are predominantly based within the mainstream classroom alongside Specialist Teaching Assistants. They are withdrawn as necessary, to be supported by Specialist Teachers of the Deaf, a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist and skilled specialist Teaching Assistants in order to deliver individualized programmes.
All staff have additional training in this deaf awareness. We are noted as having exemplary practice in this specialism.
Age range Early years - 0 to 5 yearsPrimary - 5 to 11 years
Needs level Low
Provision type SpecialistTargetedUniversal