Toggle menu

Help for parent carers of disabled children

Parent Carers of Disabled Children Panel

If you're over 18 and looking after a disabled child that you have parental responsibility for, you can ask Plymouth City Council for a parent carer's needs assessment.

To request a needs assessment email or call 01752 668000.

A trained person from the council or an organisation we work with will chat to you about how caring affects your family and the sort of help you need. We can also carry out a needs assessment for your child at the same time.

The assessment will look at how caring affects:

  • your family life and wellbeing
  • your physical, mental and emotional health
  • your work, study, training, leisure
  • your relationships

After your assessment

If you're eligible for help we'll agree with you what support you need and how your needs will be met. You might be able to get help with:

If the council cannot help, they will give you information and advice and put you in touch with local organisations that can.


Is the information correct?

Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.

Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory?  Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email