Toggle menu

Help and support if have a disability

How do I register as disabled?

As there is no longer a national register of disabled people, technically you don't need to register as disabled.

Financial help if you're disabled

There is a wide range of disability-related financial support, including benefits, tax credits, payments, grants and concessions.

Help for parent carers of disabled children

If you're over 18 and looking after a disabled child that you have parental responsibility for, you can ask the council for a parent carer's needs assessment.

How to care for a disabled child

Caring for a disabled child can make your daily parenting duties, such as feeding, toilet training and getting them to sleep, more challenging.

Council Tax discounts for disabled people

If someone living at your address is permanently disabled, you might be able to get a discount on your Council Tax.

Disabled facilities grants

A Disabled Facility Grant can help pay for home improvements so you can get about easier and remain safe in your house or flat.

Blue Badge scheme for disabled parking

A Blue Badge allows people with severe mobility problems caused by visible and non-visible disabilities to access goods and services, by allowing them to park closer to where they need to go. The scheme is open to eligible people who travel as a driver or as a passenger.

Blue Badge parking in Plymouth

In order to qualify a blue badge must be displayed on the dashboard or fascia panel so it can be clearly read through the windscreen. A clock must be set to show the time of arrival and displayed next to the blue badge when parked, where a time limit applies.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email