Day services and day opportunities
Day centres can help to provide support for people who:
- feel isolated and lonely
- are older and have complex needs
- have a learning disability
- have a physical disability
- have a mental health need or condition
- are suffering from illness, such as cancer
Day services are an opportunity to meet other people, participate in a range of social and leisure activities or receive personal care.
If you are a carer, day services can give you an opportunity to take a break from your caring role.
Activities and events
Day services offer a safe and supervised environment.
Staff and volunteers organise activities such as board games, bingo, guest speakers, craft activities, entertainment, exercise classes or day trips.
Day Services and Day Opportunities Framework Providers
- Headway Plymouth
- Plymouth Highbury Trust
- Plymouth Independent Living
- Plymouth Day Opportunities
- The DOVE Project
- Improving Lives