The Manor Nursing Home
The Manor is a Grade II listed building in the quiet village of Yealmpton. We welcome people from all walks of life, including those with physical or mental incapacities.
We care for our residents as if they were part of our own family and welcome adult visitors and children at any time. We offer the highest standards of nursing care based on individual Care Plans.
Our homes are fully accredited by all the relevant governing bodies. Our service provides residents with choices in all aspects of daily life. Their rights to privacy and dignity are rigorously upheld.
Our Nurses are on duty 24 hours a day and we have a local surgery where a doctor is always available to call.
We have regular visits from our Dentist, Optician and Chiropractor plus an excellent local Hairdresser. We also arrange outings to local attractions. We have lifts to all floors, offer a full laundry service and keep a small stock of everyday items such as toiletries etc. Devon Library supply us with large print and talking books. You may also have daily papers and magazines delivered to the home.
We pride ourselves on our excellent catering facilities offering a wide choice of meals and snacks, visitor meals, special dietary requirements and assistance for those who need it.
Employing around 65 people primarily from the local area, we are extremely proud of the fact that so many of our employees are long standing, some serving up to 25 years. During those years, the homes have become their very own close knit communities resulting in many mutual friendships being formed amongst staff, residents and their families.
Specialist support and care
- Cancer care
- Hearing impairment
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Speech impairment
- Visual impairment
The Manor have undertaken the St Luke's Six Steps programme and is an accredited end of life care provider.
- CQC Rating: Good See the report for the care home
- End of Life Accreditation
- Other languages spoken - Polish
- Rooms for single or double occupancy, each room has a TV and most have en-suite facilities
- Spacious front lounge and conservatory with a large sun lounge at the rear, offering a bright and airy environment. There is also an outside smoking area.
- Lifts to all floors and wheelchair access to the rooms.
- Additional handrails are also fitted where necessary.
- Emergency call points are provided in each room and monitored 24 hours a day
We have regular visits from our Dentist, Optician and Chiropractor plus an excellent local hairdresser.
Residents are encouraged to bring items of furniture or other personal belongings with them. There is a lockable safe or cabinet in every room for valuables.
- 65 and over
- End of life care
- Physical disabilities
- Hearing impairments
- Visual impairments
- Speech / Language difficulties
Back to search