Phone, internet and TV
- a new provider for your internet, mobile phone, landline or TV
- a bundle deal that's made up of 2 or more of these services
There are different processes for switching your internet, phone or TV provider.
Before you switch
If you're struggling to pay for your phone or internet, talk to your provider. Ask if they can offer you a cheaper deal. You can find their contact details on their website or on a letter from them.
You could tell your provider you're thinking of switching to a cheaper deal with a different provider. Your provider might offer you a cheaper deal to get you to stay with them.
If you don't want to stay with your current provider, find out if you'll be charged an 'exit fee' to leave - check your contract or contact your provider. You'll usually be charged an exit fee if you want to leave before the end of a fixed-term contract. This can be expensive, so it might be better to wait until your current contract ends.
You can check if you'll be charged an exit fee to leave your mobile contract by texting the word 'INFO' to 85075. It's free to text this number.
If you're near the end of your contract, your provider should contact you to remind you. They'll also let you know about their best available deals.
If you would like to talk to someone, please contact Citizens Advice Plymouth.
- If you're struggling to pay your phone, internet or TV bill
- Cancel a phone or TV contract
- Dispute a mobile, phone, internet or TV bill
- Problem with an app, software or download
- Stop getting nuisance calls and texts
- What to do if your mobile phone is lost or stolen
- Complain about a premium rate phone charge or text message
- Check how much a call will cost
This page is based on content that originated from Citizens Advice (adapted).
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.
Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.