If your child attends school or sixth form, and you receive certain benefits you may be entitled to claim free school meals.
If you are in receipt of the following support payments, your child will be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Universal Credit - from 1 April 2018 provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.
How to apply for free school meals
After you submit the completed form, the school are asked to confirm that your child is in attendance, we check for eligibility using a government on-line checking system and the result of this check is emailed to you and your child's school.
For more information about free school meals please email email@example.com or call 01752 307410.