Make a complaint about adult social care
If you have any comments about adult social care or suggestions about how the council can make things better we want to hear from you.
We hope problems can be sorted out quickly and easily by speaking with the person you normally see from adult social care, but if you'd like to speak to someone different, you can complain to the Customer Relations Team.
How to complain
- Call 0800 068 1249
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to the Customer Relations Team, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth PL1 3BJ
- Talk to your social worker or their manager about your concerns
When you contact us please give us as much of the following information as you can:
- your name, address and telephone number
- the name, address and date of birth of the person you represent if you're complaining on behalf of someone else
- what your complaint is about
- how you'd like us to put it right
How your complaint is dealt with
We will discuss your complaint with you within three working days and then
- explain how you can get someone to speak for you using our advocacy service
- explain what you can expect when we look in to your complaint
- stay in touch with you while we look in to things
- agree when we'll get back to you
- write to you explaining what we've done about your complaint
If your problem hasn't been put right
If you've gone through the complaints procedure and your problem hasn't been put right you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.
For information about how we will use the information you supply when making a Statutory Complaint or Compliment and the rights you have in respect to this data please read our privacy notices.